Saturday 9 July 2011

Some Technology Updates

You may have noticed a few things: no recent photos, gaps in the timing, and wondered why? Well all the best laid plans fall apart somewhere along the line. 

First, when I arrived at Paris CDG, I turned on my new toy, the NetComm MyZone credit card sized wireless modem, only to find that I had provided the wrong starting date for the sim card – one day later.  I patiently waited the day, but when I turned it all on again, no signal.  Skip the details, it took five days to make the automatic configuration configure.  Nothing to do with the undocumented reset button.

After mastering this simple technology, things looked set to flow smoothly.  About 40 minutes before the expected arrival of the TDF peloton, I decided to change the memory card in my camera. I did not want to miss any of the action. That is when the new memory card reported an error.  Oh well, just have to make do with the 22 available photos in the old memory card. Changed back to the old memory card. Error as well. The camera has not worked since. 

I bought a new Canon IXUS, so I hope to have some photographic evidence that I am not just sitting in Pymble making this up.

1 comment:

  1. :( At least you have a camera, now! And... the Toulon photos are lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete